WPCNR ECONOMIC NOTES. From the New York State Department of Labor, White Plains. July 26, 2016
The June 2016 unemployment rate for the Hudson Valley Region is 4.0 percent (lowest June level since 2007). That is up from 3.8 percent in May 2016 and down from 4.7 percent in June 2015.
In June 2016, there were 45,500 unemployed in the region, up from 43,600 in May 2016 and down from 54,000 in June 2015. Year-over-year in June 2016, labor force increased by 8,100 or 0.7 percent, to 1,152,600.
Among the 7 counties in the region, Putnam County (3.7 percent) had the lowest unemployment rate.
- Putnam County 3.7 percent
- Rockland County 3.9 percent
- Westchester County 3.9 percent
- Dutchess County 4.0 percent
- Orange County 4.0 percent
- Ulster County 4.0 percent
- Sullivan County 4.2 percent
Of the 10 Labor Market Regions in New York State, the Hudson Valley Region (4.0 percent) had the third lowest unemployment rate in June 2016, trailing only Capital Region and the Long Island Region which both came in at 3.8 percent.
- Capital Region 3.8 percent
- Long Island Region 3.8 percent
- Hudson Valley Region 4.0 percent
- Finger Lakes Region 4.3 percent
- Central New York Region 4.5 percent
- Mohawk Valley Region 4.5 percent
- Western New York Region 4.6 percent
- Southern Tier Region 4.8 percent
- New York City Region 5.1 percent
- North Country Region 5.1 percent
Feel free to call my office if you have any questions.