WPCNR PLAYLAND-GO-ROUND. May 14, 2014:
The Westchester County Commissioner of Recreation and Parks reported to WPCNR that Playland Opening Weekend drew 5,500 admissions Saturday, despite threatening weather. On Mother’s Day, Sunday, the park drew 5,000 persons, Commissioner Peter Tartaglia said.
Tartaglia said that when a thunderstorm rolled through the park on Saturday many Playlanders took shelter and lingered, with many waiting out the short-lived cloudburst.
Tartaglia said all rides were open at the park and attractions were fully staffed. He said the park is employing 500 persons, and interviews to hire are still going on.
A reduced admission price of $15 a person for all day rides in effect for opening weekend and through June, perhaps was a factor, he said. He also credited the promotion of free ride admission for mothers on Mothers Sunday will be repeated for fathers on Sunday, June 15, Fathers Day.
Playland opens at noon Saturday. Same low prices:
$15 May Days!
|FREE||Child 2 years old and under||Riding with a ride paying adult meeting ride height requirements and safety restrictions|
|$10||Spectator||Non-Resident (No Rides)|
|FREE||Spectator||Resident (No Rides)|
(Requires Spectator Admission)
|(Rides are 5-6 points each)|
|* Westchester residents receive $5 Discount
Prices are subject to change & do not apply to special event concerts.
|Active duty military personnel Special Admissions: Please click here.
|Did You Know…
• Band not required for park entry for child 2 years old and under.
• For Resident Discount present: Credit Card with ZIP Code verification, NYS Photo ID or driver’s license, County Park Pass, school photo ID or report card.
• Height Line Charts available at Fountain Plaza and in Park (complete Park Rules and Information.)
• Metro Cards are available for purchase, CASH ONLY
• Visits Are Weatherproof! If we close due to weather, we’ll credit rider bands only to come back this season. Some rides may not operate due to weather conditions.