White Plains Performing Arts Center announces its new productions for the 2016 – 2017 Fall/Winter season:
- Blood Type: Ragu starring Frank Ingrasciotta – September 17
- Louis and Ella! A New Jazzical – September 24
- Heathers The Musical – October 14-23
- Bat Boy: The Musical – November 11-13
- Mooseltoe: A New Moosical – November 25
- Sister Act – A Divine Musical Comedy – December 16 – January 8
- The Maccabeats – January 21
- Ballet for Young Audiences – Cinderella – January 28
- Chase Padgett – 6 Guitars – February 4
- Linda Eder – February 11
- Jeff Boyer’s Bubble Trouble – February 25
- Frank & Liza Together Again- May 20
- All performances are at the White Plains theatre, located on the third level of City Center off Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street in downtown White Plains.
The 2016 Fall Season performance schedule Opens Saturday, September 17 with
Blood Type: Ragu
Saturday, September 17 • 8:00 PM
A hilarious and poignant exploration of the Sicilian immigrant experience based on the life of writer and performer Frank Ingrasciotta.
“It’s not drama… it’s just family! And we all have one.”
“FRANK IS AN INGRATIATING PERFORMER WITH SUFFICIENT WIT TO MAKE THE SHOW TRULY UNIVERSAL” The New York Post
Blood Type: Ragu, the critically-acclaimed Off-Broadway hit, stars award-winning writer and performer Frank Ingrasciotta, giving a tour-de-force portrayal of over 20 characters who live, love and laugh, in this wonderfully funny and genuinely moving solo play exploring an immigrant child’s delicate dance between culture and identity.
This relatable show delighted audiences Off-Broadway at the Actors’ Playhouse in NYC, then touring Capital Repertory Theatre (Albany, NY), 14th Street Playhouse (Atlanta, GA), Dante Hall Theatre (Atlantic City, NJ), George St. Playhouse (New Brunswick, NJ), Seven Angels Theatre (Waterbury, CT), 2015 Winnipeg Theatre Festival, Shea’s Performing Arts Center produced by Broadway League Vice Chair Albert Nocciolino (Buffalo, NY), and numerous Performing Arts Centers throughout the USA.
It also played to sold-out houses at the Belmont Theatre (NYC), where it became the longest running show in the theatre’s ten-year history. Blood Type: RAGU is the recipient of the Westchester Arts Council Arts Award for Outstanding Artist, and two time winner at the United Solo Festival Award for Best Comic Actor and Best Comedic Script (nominated alongside Bette Midler, Hugh Jackman & John Leguizamo).
For tickets and showtimes for all shows, go to www.wppac.com or call 914-328-1600