WPCNR QUILL & EYESHADE. From the New York State Department of Labor December 22, 2015:
The November 2015 unemployment rate for the Hudson Valley Region is 4.2 percent (lowest November level since 2007). That is down from 4.3 percent in October 2015 and down from 4.8 percent in November 2014. In November 2015, there were 46,700 unemployed in the region, down from 47,700 in October 2015 and down from 52,500 in November 2014. Year-over-year in November 2015, labor force increased by 18,900 or 1.7 percent, to 1,117,500.
Among the 7 counties in the region, Putnam County (4.0 percent) had the lowest unemployment rate.
- Putnam County 4.0 percent
- Dutchess County 4.1 percent
- Rockland County 4.1 percent
- Westchester County 4.1 percent
- Orange County 4.2 percent
- Ulster County 4.3 percent
- Sullivan County 5.2 percent
Of the 10 Labor Market Regions in New York State, the Hudson Valley Region (4.2 percent) had the third lowest unemployment rate in November 2015, trailing only the Capital Region (4.1 percent), and the Long Island Region (4.1 percent).
- Capital Region 4.1 percent
- Long Island Region 4.1 percent
- Hudson Valley Region 4.2 percent
- Finger Lakes Region 4.6 percent
- Central New York Region 4.9 percent
- New York City Region 5.0 percent
- Southern Tier Region 5.0 percent
- Western New York Region 5.0 percent
- Mohawk Valley Region 5.1 percent
- North Country Region 6.0 percent