WPCNR NEW NEW YORK BRIDGE NEWS & TRAFFIC ADVISORY. Special to WPCNR from The New York State Thruway Authority. June 23, 2013:
Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) will place a full array of acoustic receivers near the construction zone during the week of June 24. This series of receivers will be used to locate endangered Atlantic and Short-Nose sturgeon that have been tagged by other researchers.
Limited geotechnical analysis boring and subsurface utility exploration operations continue this week in Tarrytown. The work will require eastbound I-87/I-287 right lane closures in the vicinity of exit 9 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday as well as westbound I-87/I-287 right lane closures Wednesday and Friday. Work activities will be conducted between 10 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Friday.
The Sturgeon Acoustic Telemetry Monitoring Plan has been developed by fisheries scientists to monitor the movement of sturgeon through the construction zone. This data will be reported to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the National Marine Fisheries Service and will be an important resource in the study of sturgeon migration and movement through the Hudson Valley. This is only one part of a much larger environmental stewardship program being undertaken by TZC and the New York State Thruway Authority.
- Cleaning and preparation for future construction of the Thruway’s Rockland Bulkhead
- Construction of the temporary Westchester work trestle which includes pile driving operations that will occur weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Survey inspections on existing bridge
- Rockland environmental monitor installations continue
- Geotechnical land borings
- Mobilization at the Interchange 10 staging area
- Support for river-based work from the Rockland shoreline
Rockland: Limited geotechnical analysis boring operations continue this week on Thruway property in South Nyack and will not require lane closures due to work being performed behind barriers. Work is scheduled on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m..