2 Year Old Dead, Grandfather in Critical Condition After Fisher Fire–Cause: Electrical Malfunction

Hits: 12

WPCNR MAIN STREET JOURNAL. From The Commissioner of Public Safety. November 14, 2015. 10:30 P.M. E.S.T.:

More details on the fire Saturday morning on Avenue were reported to WPCNR by David Chong, White Plains Commissioner of Public Safety. He sent this statement to WPCNR late this evening:

“Fire at private house located at 31 Nutgrove Street. Alarm reported at 1116am.  Units on the scene in first few minutes met by fully engulfed second floor and heavy smoke.
Police made entry and were able to carry out one woman and evacuate another.  Several attempts were made to access the stairs to the second floor by police officers but fire was too hot and smoke was too thick.
 One police Sgt. who had carried a woman out of the house collapsed while trying to get to the second floor.  He suffered smoke inhalation injuries and was treated at WP Hospital.
Fire personnel, contained and extinguished fire on the second floor and also found two unconscious persons who were rushed by EMS to White Plains Hospital.
Tragically, one victim a 2 year old girl, did not survive.
The Grandfather, who was also found on the 2nd floor is in extremely critical condition at the hospital.
The Grandmother, is admitted in stable condition.
The Cause and Origin team consisting of fire investigators from both the fire and police departments have preliminary determined that the fire was due to an “electrical malfunction.”
Surviving members of the household are being cared for by relatives and being assisted by the Red Cross and our Community Affairs personnel.
The members of the Department of Public Safety acted swiftly and heroically during this incident.
We are all heart broken by the tragic loss of this little girl and our prayers are with the family.”

Comments are closed.